Tłı̨chǫ Mentorship Program
Please note - the deadline to apply to the mentorship program has extended to September 17, 2021
The Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation believes in supporting Tłı̨chǫ youth by sharing the knowledge and experience of our years of operation and business growth and development. We are offering a youth mentorship program to eligible Tłı̨chǫ youth aged 15 – 24.
- To inspire Tłı̨chǫ youth to potential career path interests
- To allow Tłı̨chǫ youth to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of high-demand fields within various industries and sectors including Engineering, Mining, Construction, Finance, Human Resources & Administration, Health, Safety and Environment, Mechanics/Equipment Maintenance, Information Technology and Retail/Hospitality Management.
- To provide the opportunity to connect with current experts in these careers to build networking opportunities for future employment opportunities
- To create a stronger sense of community between Tłı̨chǫ youth and the Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation team
- To develop leadership skills with the Tłı̨chǫ youth to be applied to their personal and professional endeavors
When: Commencing the beginning of September 2021 and ending March 2022
- Participation in a 1-day leadership development orientation program in late August in Yellowknife (exact date TBD) – transportation and meals will be provided
- 6 on-site visits with the youth mentor during the program (these dates are arranged to best fit the needs of the mentor and mentee)
- 6 meetings with the youth mentor to provide career path coaching support and guidance
- On-going leadership development coaching provided by Yellowknife’s Leadership Lab Consulting
- A letter of reference provided by the mentor to the mentee at the conclusion of the program
Who is eligible?
Tłı̨chǫ Youth that were born between 1997 to 2006 are invited to apply for the program.
How to Apply?
- Submit completed application here
- And upload two letters of recommendation with your application for program consideration. One letter may be from a family member/friend and the other from a teacher, employer, or another community member.
- Email your completed application form and letters of recommendation to email@example.com
When to Apply?
Applications have been extended to Friday, September 17, 2021