Tłı̨chǫ Property Management is looking for an experienced, organized, reliable and dependable Foreman/Supervisor to join our team located in Behchokǫ̀, NT,
Purpose of the Position
This is a supervisory position and support role in ensuring that company administrative and operations functions are being performed effectively and efficiently and that clients and customers are receiving excellent and timely support and customer service.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Foreman/Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising, coordinating, and scheduling the activities of subcontractors, labourers, carpenters, and apprentices in the residential and commercial construction
1. General Office Duties
- Answer phone calls from community workers, managers, and customers
- Submit employee time cards to Manager for approval
- Other general administrative duties
- Preparing work tenders and estimates
- Tracking work orders for property maintenance/renovations/construction for submission to Manager in a timely manner as outlined by Management
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
- Conduct daily safety meeting with the crew
- Complete responsibility for Housing Corp projects (planning, estimating, submitting, tracking, etc.)
- On-call for after-hours emergencies
- Work alongside the crew as needed (Working Foreman Role)
- Develop work schedule for workers
- Be the liaison between the crew and management
- Solve disputes between workers
- Ensure projects are staying on or under budget
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of accounts payable accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven client service orientation.
- Ability to meet continuous deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a professional standard of conduct and sound work ethics.
- Proven ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with management, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of financial and client information.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent stress management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Typically, the above would be attained by:
- Proven experience as a construction foreman (3-5 years)
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work procedures
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints
This position requires a person with proven ability to work in a cross-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Tłı̨chǫ Property Management offers a competitive compensation package including benefits for full-time positions.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.