Tłı̨chǫ Equipment Limited (TEL) , a subsidiary company of the Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation, is looking for a motivated and experienced manager to join our team!
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Equipment and Environmental, the Asset/Fleet Manager is responsible for providing overall management and direction governing all aspects of TEL's asset/fleet inventory. With direct supervision over the Heavy Equipment Technicians (HET's)/Apprentice(s), this position ensures that all inventory is maintained, repaired and managed to maximize equipment life-span, reduce lost productivity due to equipment down-time, and ensure the long-term profitability of the business.
- Review, apply and enforce safety protocols, procedures and practices to ensure zero harm
- In collaboration with the HET's/Apprentices, maintain work orders through the preventative maintenenace system
- Manage the full lifecycle preventative maintenance program of a fleet of approximately 100 pieces of heavy civil equipment, light vehicles and ancillary equipment
- Supervise and participate in repairs of heavy civil equipment and light vehicles
- Perform limited hands-on mechanical work as required
- Budget development and management
- Manage purchasing and inventory requirements in accordance with company policy
- Track and monitor equipment leases
- Develop and manage work schedules
- Manage administrative matters related to the team and team performance
- Manage contractor performance and schedules
- Participate in business development
- Prepare and present reports to the management team
- Participate in management meetings and training
- Must be able to communicate effectively, read, estimate, calculate, interpret, measure and document in writing;
- Experience using/implementing preventative maintenance programs;
- Parts/inventory experience;
- Proficiency with computers, technology and the Microsoft Suite of programs;
- Thorough knowledge of and practical experience in applying safe work practices;
- Ability to be a leader, mentor and coach;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Typically, the above would be attained by the completion of a Red-Seal Heavy Equipment Technician program wtih a minimum of 5 years' experience working on heavy civil equipment (experience with CAT equipment would be considered an asset), and a minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant management role. This role is primarily based in Yellowknife, NT, with travel/work in other worksites/Tłı̨chǫ communities as requied.
As TEL holds contracts with the Tłı̨chǫ Government, they have the requirement that contractor employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after they receive their second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to present proof of your vaccination status for COVID-19 upon request.