The Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation is seeking a professional, enthusiastic, experienced and dependable individual to join our team in the Information Technology Department as an IT Technician. As the IT Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of our network and equipment in various locations throughout our organization.
Reports to: IT Manager
Term: Permanent Full-time
Location: Yellowknife, NT with travel to northern remote communities and worksites as required.
- Install, configure, and monitor security solutions including Azure user accounts, VPN server, anti-virus, as well as network and patch monitoring applications.
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot network infrastructure (local and cloud-based servers).
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications.
- Diagnosing and resolving LAN/WAN, HW & SW-related problems as they relate to infrastructure.
- Installing and maintaining Windows Server Operating Systems and third-party software products as they relate to servers.
- Performing infrastructure administrative duties as required, including patch deployment, server monitoring, active directory administration, and more.
- Maintain inventory of IT assets.
- Provide support for local and remote users.
- Coordinate with third party for Tier 2 support.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years of IT / Network experience.
- Strong knowledge of: VMware/HP switches and WiFi appliances/Network protocols, including OSI, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall and Security Policies, LAN/WAN, VPN & VLAN technology with an advanced ability to configure network devices.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting network hardware, PC’s, etc.
- Experience installing network cabling and telephone systems.
Education, Training, Certification Required:
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related field.
- A+ Certification is an asset.
Being a strong team player, communicator, and having an awesome and approachable personality are musts!
Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package including comprehensive benefits.
If you think this could be the perfect role for you, we'd love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Open until filled.