Tłı̨chǫ Logistics (TCL) is 100% Indigenous Owned by Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation (TIC).
We are currently recruiting for the following full-time position working a 3-week on and 3-week off rotational schedule; 12-hour days/nights at the Diavik Diamond Mine Site.
POL/Waste Management Technician
As part of the overall Support Services Team, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the Incinerator Plant, Fuel Farms, and Lube Shop
- Managing the Waste Transfer Facility
- Operating 930 Loader, Bus, Bobcat, Vac and Water Truck, Tractor Trailer Fuel Tanker, 3/4 tonne flat deck, Cube Van
To be successful in this role, you should have::
- Knowledge in Fuel Systems and Processes
- Knowledge in Waste Management and Processes
- Knowledge in fuel measurement procedures, lube storage, transfers and processes
- The ability to set up pumping systems for product transfers
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Basic Computer Skills in Microsoft Programs
- The ability to operate heavy equipment
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A Valid Class 5 Driver's License.
This position requires a person with proven ability to work in a cross-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Please note, successful security and medical clearances are required (confirmed criminal record history, medical and drug & alcohol tests).
Tłı̨chǫ Logistics offers a competitive compensation package including benefits for full-time positions.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for application is noon on April 2, 2021.