Tłı̨chǫ Retail Operations (TRO) is 100% Indigenous Owned by Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation (TIC) and has 100% ownership of three retail stores and motels, and operates a petroleum, oil, lubricant division (community fuel delivery/gas station) in each of the beautiful Tłı̨chǫ communities of Whatì, Gamètì, and Wekweetì.
Reporting to the Community Operations Manager, the Motel Cook will be responsible for providing day to day hospitality and dining services of the community motel while providing a quality hospitality experience and excellent customer service. You will ensure customer service standards and performance targets are achieved.
We are currently recruiting for the following temporary position located in the beautiful community of Whatì, NT:
- Preparing food for breakfast, lunch and supper for guests;
- Knowledge of cooking procedures and methods;
- Knowledge of safe handling and proper product storage;
- Develop and implement a meal & dessert option menu;
- Prepare the specials and cook the orders;
- Bake pastries and make other desserts;
- Maintain a clean kitchen and dining area;
- Maintain excellent customer service;
- Must be willing to help or fill in when needed in housekeeping.
- Minimum 3 years Cook experience;
- Ability to speak the Tlicho language an asset;
- Camp Cook Certification, Food Safety Certification and WHMIS, or willingness to work towards certifications.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven experience as a cook
*Note that a trainee role may be considered for the right candidate
This temporary position is based in Whatì NT and will be working Monday to Friday and weekends when required.
Position will remain open until filled.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.