Tłı̨chǫ Retail Operations (TRO) is 100% Indigenous Owned by the Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation (TIC) and has 100% ownership of three retail stores and motels, and operates a petroleum, oil, lubricant division (community fuel delivery/gas station) in each of the beautiful Tłı̨chǫ communities of Whatì, Gamètì and Wekweetì, NT.
Reporting to the Community Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing ongoing customer service in a retail environment, performing purchase/return transactions on a daily basis and ensuring that inventory/product is available and presented/marketed in a professional manner.
We are currently recruiting for the following permanent part-time position for the Rae Lakes General Store located in the beautiful community of Gamètì, NT:
- Greet customers
- Maintain clean and orderly check-out area, general clean up of the store such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, emptying trash, cleaning refrigerators and freezers
- Price merchandise, stock shelves, rotate stock
- Pull stock approaching best before date to put on sale
- Use the Point of Sale system to process customer purchases/returns and receive payments by cash, credit or debit
- Assist customers with bagging their groceries
- Assist in training new employees
- Ability to speak and understand the Tłı̨chǫ language
- Able to work cooperatively in a team as well as independently
- Able to follow direction but take initiative as well
- Be proactive to manage time and keep busy
- Basic computer skills
- Able to stand for long periods of times and lift up to 20kg
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Outstanding customer service and people skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be reliable/dependable
- Commitment to honesty
- Flexible/adaptable; willingness to embrace change
This permanent part-time position is based in Gamètì, NT. This position will be working Monday to Friday and weekends when required.
Deadline for application is October 6, 2021.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.