Tłı̨chǫ Property Management is looking for an experienced, organized, reliable, and dependable General Carpenter to join our team located in Behchokǫ̀, NT,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install foundation, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fit and install window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior, and exterior trim.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above-ground levels.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Move necessary materials around Jobsite as assigned.
- Clean up worksite debris.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Property Manager.
- Maintain excellent safety standards while ensuring high-quality work with efficient completion rates.
- Minimum of 5 years carpentry experience an asset
- Minimum of Grade 12 education
- Good communication and effective listening skills
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Valid NWT Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Ability to speak/understand the Tłı̨chǫ language would be considered an asset
This is a permanent full-time position working Monday to Friday. Tłı̨chǫ Property Management pays a competitive salary and offers a comprehensive benefits program.
This position requires a person with proven ability to work in a cross-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.