Tłı̨chǫ Property Management is looking for 2 experienced, organized, reliable, and dependable General Maintenance worker to join our team, one to work in Gamètì, NT, and one to work in Wekweetì, NT,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tenants move in-move out inspection
- On-call for tenant-related issues
- Snow clearing as required.
- Fuel delivery as required.
- Coordinating & scheduling of materials as needed (Managers approval required)
- Fit and install window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior, and exterior trim.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Move necessary materials around Jobsite as assigned.
- Clean up worksite debris.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Property Manager.
- Maintain excellent safety standards while ensuring high-quality work with efficient completion rates.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance/ carpentry experience an asset
- Minimum of Grade 12 education
- Good communication and effective listening skills
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Valid NWT Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Ability to speak/understand the Tlicho language would be considered an asset
This position requires a person with proven ability to work in a cross-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Tłı̨chǫ Property Management offers a competitive compensation package.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.